PINGUINO-OTG INDUSTRIAL GRADE PINGUINO MAPLE ARDUINO LIKE DEVELOPMENT BOARD
ARDUINO-like board with PIC32MX440F256H with USB-OTG
- PIC32MX440F256H 80 Mhz microcontroller 256KB Flash 32KB RAM
- DCDC power supply allow power supply voltage from 9 to 30V DC thus making possible to take virtually any power supply adapter on the market, also enable application which are in industrial power supply 24VDC.
- Carefully selected all components to work reliable inINDUSTIRAL temperature range -25+85C so the board can be used in INDUSTIRAL applications.
- ULTRA LOW POWER voltage regulators and the consumption is only few microamps, which enables handheld and battery powered applications.
- Li-Ion rechargable battery power supply option with BUILD-IN on board charger, so when you attach battery it is automatically charged and kept in this state until the other power source (USB or external adapter) is removed and it AUTOMATICALLY will power the board - no jumpers, no switches!
- microSD card for data logging
- UEXT connector which allows many existing modules like RF, ZIGBEE, GSM, GPS to be connected
- Allows RTC - Real Time Clock.
- NOISE IMMUNE design.
- Optionally if someone needs higher precision and temperature stability in analog reading we have provided an Aref preceise source.
- The LEDs and the BUTTONs are on the edge of the board so there is easy access even if the boards have shields on them
- All components are LOWER than the connectors, so the shields do not interference with them
- Mini USB connector is used which is common and used in most cell phones, so you do not have to buy other cables
- Original Arduino design had flaw and the connectors were not spaced at 0.1" this make perfo board use impossible, to keep the compatibility we have one with the same spacing but we added next to it a connector on 0.1" which customers can use with perforated boards
- All signals on the connectors are printed on top and on bottom of the board, so when you check with probe you know exactly which port you are measuring
- 4 mount holes make board attachment easier
- miniICSP connector 0.05"step if you do not want to use Pinguino IDE and want to program this board with PIC-KIT3 you should use also PIC-ICSP convertor board, same applies for Microchip programmers.
Do not use "programmer-to-go" button when there is no image on the OLIMEX PIC-KIT3 or MICROCHIP PIC-KIT3 or that might put your microcontroller in an inrecoverable state. We have tested the mentioned scenario and we can confirm it destroys PIC32 chips (using both our and the original Microchip PICKIT3). We don't take responsibility if you brick your chip that way. For more info check the following: www.microchip.com/forums/m635420.aspx.