MinIMU-9 v2 is an inertial measurement unit (IMU) that packs an L3GD20 3-axis gyro and an LSM303DLHC 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis magnetometer onto a tiny 0.8″ × 0.5″ board. An I²C interface accesses nine independent rotation, acceleration, and magnetic measurements that can be used to calculate the sensor’s absolute orientation. The MinIMU-9 v2 board includes a voltage regulator and a level-shifting circuit that allows operation from 2.5 to 5.5 V, and the 0.1″ pin spacing makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1″ perfboards.
- Dimensions: 0.8″ × 0.5″ × 0.1″ (20 × 13 × 3 mm)
- Weight without header pins: 0.7 g (0.02 oz)
- Operating voltage: 2.5 to 5.5 V
- Supply current: 10 mA
- Output format (I²C):
- Gyro: one 16-bit reading per axis
- Accelerometer: one 12-bit reading (left-justified) per axis
- Magnetometer: one 12-bit reading (right-justified) per axis
- Sensitivity range (configurable):
- Gyro: ±250, ±500, or ±2000°/s
- Accelerometer: ±2, ±4, ±8, or ±16 g
- Magnetometer: ±1.3, ±1.9, ±2.5, ±4.0, ±4.7, ±5.6, or ±8.1 gauss
- SCL Level-shifted I²C clock line: HIGH is VIN, LOW is 0 V
- SDA Level-shifted I²C data line: HIGH is VIN, LOW is 0 V
- GND The ground (0 V) connection for your power supply. Your I²C control source must also share a common ground with this board.
- VIN This is the main 2.5 – 5.5 V power supply connection. The SCL and SDA level shifters pull the I²C bus high bits up to this level.
- VDD 3.3 V regulator output or low-voltage logic power supply, depending on VIN. When VIN is supplied and greater than 3.3 V, VDD is a regulated 3.3 V output that can supply up to approximately 150 mA to external components. Alternatively, when interfacing with a 2.5 – 3.3 V system, VIN can be left disconnected and power can be supplied directly to VDD. Never supply voltage to VDD when VIN is connected, and never supply more than 3.6 V to VDD.