CREATE your Arduino the onboard brain of a mobile robot and learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The Board of Education Shield plugs into your own Arduino (not included) and mounts on the popular Boe-Bot robot chassis.
With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities.
- Learning to program your robot's Arduino Brain
- Calibrating the robot's continuous rotation servo motors
- Using lights and speakers for status indicators
- Assembling the robot
- Preprogrammed navigation
- Using touch-switches to navigate by contact with objects
- Using phototransistors to navigate by light
- Using non-contact infrared sensors to measure distance and avoid or follow objects
- The original Robotics with the Boe-Bot text for the BASIC Stamp® microcontroller has enjoyed worldwide popularity with teachers and hobbyists, and has been translated into seven languages. Author Andy Lindsay revised his work for the Arduino community, and Parallax Inc. is making it available as a free, online tutorial at http://learn.parallax.com/ShieldRobot. The book will also be available in print (sold separately).
- Board of Education Shield PCB
- High-quality aluminum robot chassis, continuous rotation servos, and wheels
- Boe-Boost Module
- All the electronic components and sensors needed for the Robotics activities
- All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws standoffs)
- Parallax Screwdriver
Note: Your own Arduino Uno, Mega, or Duemilanove module and programming cable is required; not included.