The ELEV-8 quadcopter is a flying robotic platform that is lifted and propelled by four fixed rotors. There are no fixed wings; all of the lift is created from the rotors. Unlike standard helicopters a quadcopter uses fixed-pitch blades, whose rotor pitch does not vary as the blades rotate; control of vehicle motion is achieved by varying the relative speed of each rotor to change the thrust and torque produced by each.
The quadcopter uses a HoverFly board with a Propeller multicore microprocessor to electronically control stabilization of the aircraft. The benefits to this system are a stable platform, with no mechanical linkages for a small maneuverable and agile aircraft.
The kit provides an inexpensive way to get involved in the quadcopter arena. The kit includes; frame, mounting hardware, motors, speed controllers, propellers and the control board for flight stabilization. (the only thing you need to provide is the RC radio equipment, battery). We recommend a six channel RC radio.
The ELEV-8 platform is large enough for outdoor flight and has plenty of room for payload and attachments (up to 2 lbs).
NOTE: This kit is not for beginners, it takes a moderate amount of mechanical skill, for building and flying. The ELEV-8 quadcopter kit requires an average of 8 hours to assemble; RC experience is highly recommended.
- Open under body for camera mounting options
- Open Source; design files available online
- Highly modifiable, for custom additions
- Protected Electronics
- Common 4-40 hardware
- Modular frame for fast repair
- Protective motor mounts
- Can fly with added payloads up to 2 lbs
- Light weight 2.5 lbs fully assembled (without battery)
- Size 18 3/8 inches (467 mm) motor center to motor center -- 20 1/4" X 20 1/4 inches (514 mm) -- Main body/frame 7" X 7" (177mm) -- Height 7" (177mm)
- 2 - APC 10 X 4.7 Pushers
- 2 - APC 10 X 4.7P Composite Propellers
- 4 - Turnigy Plush-25A ESCs
- 4 - Brushless Outrunner 1000 kv Motor
- 4 - Anodized 6061 5/8" - .035 aluminum round tube