The OPT101 is a monolithic photodiode with on-chip transimpedance amplifier. Output voltage increases linearly with light intensity. The amplifier is designed for single or dual power-supply operation, making it ideal for battery-operated equipment.
The integrated combination of photodiode and transimpedance amplifier on a single chip eliminates the problems commonly encountered in discrete designs such as leakage current errors, noise pick-up, and gain peaking due to stray capacitance. The 0.09 x 0.09 inch photodiode is operated in the photoconductive mode for excellent linearity and low dark current.
The OPT101 operates from +2.7V to +36V supplies and quiescent current is only 120µA. It is available in clear plastic 8-pin DIP, and J-formed DIP for surface mounting.
- SINGLE SUPPLY: +2.7 to +36V
- PHOTODIODE SIZE: 0.090 x 0.090 inch
- Temperature range is 0°C to +70°C
- INTERNAL 1MΩ FEEDBACK RESISTOR
- HIGH RESPONSIVITY: 0.45A/W (650nm)
- BANDWIDTH: 14kHz at R = 1MΩ
- LOW QUIESCENT CURRENT: 120µA
- AVAILABLE IN 8-PIN DIP AND 8-LEAD SURFACE-MOUNT PACKAGES
- MEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION
- LABORATORY INSTRUMENTATION
- POSITION AND PROXIMITY SENSORS
- PHOTOGRAPHIC ANALYZERS
- BARCODE SCANNERS
- SMOKE DETECTORS
- CURRENCY CHANGERS