Navigation Sensor & Range Finder module
This module is a sub system for navigating a very practical when used in robotics applications. Equipped with 8 ports for sonar range sensors and eight ports for infrared distance sensor system can detect the distance to the 8 cardinal directions with the two methods ie ultrasonic and infrared. Ultrasonic method is used to detect accurately the distance to the object of a mirror that would interfere with the accuracy of the infrared method. While the infrared method is used to detect the distance to the object that groove disturbing accuracy ultrasonic method. The combination of these two methods will obtain a more accurate distance calculations.
Using the Compass Devantech CMPS09 or CMPS10, this module can detect the 8 cardinal directions, magnetic field strength, 3 axis acceleration and can also save the robots in the form of route directions, slope and duration. This enables the robot to track back toward home.
- 8 inputs Infrared Range Finder (GP2D12 or GP2Y0A21)
- 8 input Ultrasonic Range Finder (SRF-05 or Ping)
- Digital Compass CMPS03 Devantech Port compatible
- Digital Compass CMPS09/CMPS10 Devantech Port Compatible
- Can detect the direction of the wind (Devantech Compass attached)
- Can detect 3 axis acceleration (Devantech Compass CMPS09 / CMPS10 attached)
- Can detect a magnetic field (Compass Devantech attached)
- Can record robot journey into memory (Devantech Compass attached)
- Dimensions 5.3 x 3.2 cm