A complete kit with everything you’ll need to get started with the 8-cog multi-processing Propeller microcontroller and PE Labs, except a 9V battery.
With its 8 parallel-processsing cogs, the Propeller chip’s unique design makes a variety of otherwise difficult microcontroller applications relatively simple. This kit features the PropStick USB, with built-in Propeller chip, EEPROM, regulator, crystal and programming connections so your project can get up and running with minimal wiring time. The Propeller Education Kit – 40-Pin DIP Version is also available.
This kit features the PropStick USB, with built-in Propeller chip, EEPROM, regulator, crystal and programming connections so your project can get up and running with minimal wiring time. The Propeller Education Kit – 40-Pin DIP Version is also available.
- Propeller Education Kit Labs: Fundamentals Book - A comprehensive series of labs covering Setup and Testing, I/O and Timing, Methods and Cogs, Objects, and Counter Modules and Circuit Applications
- The PropStick USB – a Propeller microcontroller module with EEPROM program memory, voltage regulator, oscillator and socket, reset button, and USB mini B connector for programming and bidirectional PropStick USB to PC communication. All the components you need on one handy module. Just connect power and the programming cable, and it’s ready to go.
- USB A to Mini B serial cable - Connects your PropStick USB to your PC for programming and bidirectional communication.
- PE Kit Project Parts - All the parts you’ll need to work through the Startup and Fundamentals labs in the Propeller Education series, chosen with students’ needs and budget in mind. Selected to demonstrate Propeller circuit design and programming concepts, it provides a solid components foundation as well as a launch pad to more advanced topics and specialized kits.
- Interconnecting Breadboards - 3 breadboards and 4 power rails interconnect and provide plenty of space to build the PE Platform and projects. Featuring extra sockets right where you need them, these quality boards make it easy to keep both simple and complex circuits well organized. With the Propeller and system electronics in the middle of the PE Platform, project circuits can fan out from I/O pins to breadboards on either side and terminate at the outer power rails. No more circuit spaghetti!
- Plastic Storage Box - with adjustable compartments for your PE Platform project, parts, and room for a few extra tools as well. Great for organization, storage, or even transport in a backpack.
Note: The Propeller Education Series is designed for those with previous microcontroller programming and electronics experience. If you are new to programming and electronics, we recommend the BASIC Stamp Activity Kit