The Salinity Sensor precisely measures the total dissolved salt content of ocean or brackish water.
The Salinity Sensor easily and precisely measures the total dissolved salt content in an aqueous solution. Measure water with a wide variety of salinities, from brackish water to ocean water, and even hyper-saline environments. You can also study how salinity affects buoyancy or monitor salinity values in estuaries where fresh water mixes with ocean water
- Range of Salinity Sensor: 0 to 50 ppt (0 to 50,000 ppm)
- Resolution: 0.02 ppt (20 ppm)
- (LabQuest 2, LabQuest, LabQuest Mini, Go!Link, LabPro)
- Accuracy: ±1% of full-scale reading
- Response time: 98% of full-scale reading in 5 s.
- Temperature compensation: automatic from 5 to 35°C
- Temperature range (can be placed in): 0 to 80°C
- Cell constant: 10 cm-1
- Description: dip type, epoxy body, parallel platinum electrodes
- Dimensions: 12 mm OD and 150 mmlength
- Vernier Salinity Sensor
- User manual
The Salinity Sensor requires a compatible interface and software to collect data. Interface and software sold separately.
The Salinity Sensor is compatible with these interfaces:LabQuest 2
NXT Sensor Adapter
TI-Nspire Lab Cradle