The µVGA-II(SGC) module is a compact and cost effective Serial-to-VGA graphics engine powered by the PICASO-SGC graphics controller. It can provide QVGA/VGA/WVGA graphics solution to any embedded project with its powerful graphics, text, image, animation and countless more features built inside the module.
It offers a simple yet effective serial interface to any host micro-controller that can communicate via a serial port. All the serial commands are sent using a simple protocol via the serial interface. The serial platform allows users to develop their application using their favourite micro-controller and software development tools.
So next time your embedded application requires VGA graphics, the µVGA-II(SGC) might be the ideal solution.
- Simple VGA interface to variety of monitors and LCD screens.
- Supports the following resolutions:
- 320 x 240 (QVGA)
- 640 x 480 (VGA)
- 800 x 480 (WVGA)
- Custom Resolution X*Y = 405K (414720)
- Supports RGB 65K true to life colours.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device:
- VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K baud.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO-SGC processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4Gb.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation.
- Comprehensive set of built in high level graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts).
- 16 x General Purpose I/O pins. Upper 8 bits can be used as an I/O Bus for fast 8-bit parallel data transfers.
- 2 x 11 pin male headers with 2.54mm (0.1") pitch to form a DIP mount package.
- 15 pin D-type standard VGA connector to interface to any external VGA monitor.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).RoHS Compliant.
- General purposes embedded graphics.
- Elevator control systems.
- Point of sale terminals.
- Electronic gauges and metres.
- Test and measurement and general purpose instrumentation.
- Industrial control and Robotics.
- Automotive system displays.
- GPS navigation systems.
- Medical Instruments and applications.
- Home appliances.
- Smart Home Automation.
- Security and Access control systems.
- Gaming equipment..
- Aviation systems.
**This product is NOT RECOMMENDED for new designs, and has been superseeded by the new μVGA-III module**