The DFRobotShop Omni Rover 2.0 Kit (40mm Wheels) is a versatile mobile robot based on the popular Arduino Uno microcontroller. The Rover uses four DC gear motors with encoders which allows for independent control of all four omni-wheels. The DFRobotShop Rover PCB incorporates a standard Arduino Uno (surface mount ATMega328), L293B motor driver (connected to pins 5 to 8), voltage regulator and prototyping area and also doubles as part of the mechanical structural of the robot. The onboard voltage regulator allows the entire board to be powered using as little as 3.7V to ~9V*. The motors included with this kit operate at 6V nominal and as such we suggest using 4xAA (Alkaline has the robot move faster than when using NiMh) or a 7.4V LiPo (note that the onboard charger can only charge 3.7V).
The DFRobotShop Rover 2.0 Arduino Compatible Robot builds upon the success of the first generation DFRobotShop Rover and integrates a LiPo charger (charges via USB), solder prototyping area, XBee footprint and more.
• Arduino-based PCB which is shield compatible
• Based on ATMEGA328 surface mount chip (Uno design) and L298P H Bridge
• DFRobotShop Rover incorporates dual H-bridge for bi-directional motor control (digital pins 5, 6, 7 and 8) while motor shield (also L298P) uses pins 10 to 13.
• Voltage regulator onboard (connected to battery input and 3.5mm barrel connector)
• Two XBee slots with breakout pins (switch selects which is connected to Tx/Rx) - headers sold separately
• Solder prototyping area
• Easy connection to DFRobot Bluetooth and APC220 wireless modules
• “Universal connection point” at the front of the robot (see user guide for compatibility)
• 6x Blue LEDs around the board for effect (selectable via jumper LED_SEL)
• In-system programming via ICSP
• 4x LEDs to indicate motor direction
• Single encoder for each motor allows for improved motion control