The Lynxmotion Johnny 5 Robot Kit is a very cool and completely functional model of the ever popular movie robot. The kit is available as a full Johnny 5 combo kit, or just the torso and rotating base to be added to a different style base. The robot is designed for indoor or outdoor use and performs well on many different surfaces.
The robot is made from Servo Erector Set aluminum brackets, custom injection molded components, and ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan structural components. The torso is fully articulated utilizing 8 x HS-645MG, 3 x HS-475HB / HS-485HB, and 3 x HS-422 servos, and our SSC-32 servo controller. By utilizing heavy duty polypropylene and rubber tracks with durable ABS molded sprockets the robot has excellent traction. It includes two 12vdc 50:1 gear head motors and the Sabertooth 2 x 5 motor controller.
Controlling the Robot
The combo kit includes the powerful Lynxmotion Sequencer Program for PC. You can control the robot from a PC with the included DB9 cable, or use DFRobot bluetooth/APC220/Xbee modules for wireless PC control.
- Johnny 5 Torso, which includes:
- Johnny 5 Torso Kit (J5T-KT)
- Base Rotate Kit (no servos) (BR-NS)
- Multi-Purpose Sensor Housing (MPSH-01)
- 2 x Robot Hand - A (NS) (RH-01)
- Tri-Track Chassis Kit (NE) (TTRK-KT)
- Sabertooth 2X5 R/C Motor Controller (DE-10)
- SSC-32 Servo Controller (SSC-32)
- SSC-32 Sequencer (SEQ-01)
- DB9 Serial Data Cable (DB9-02)
- 8 x HS-645MG
- 3 x HS-475HB / HS-485HB
- 3 x HS-422
Note, batteries and "eyes" not included.