The Yocto-3D is a USB 3-axis accelerometer, gyroscope and compass. If you need to detect an orientation, a movement or a magnetic field, the Yocto-3D is what you need. This USB device provides a 3D accelerometer, a 3D magnetometer, a 3D gyroscope to measure angular velocity, a 2D inclinometer (tilt sensor), a tilt compensated compass and an inertial estimation of the orientation based on the 3D gyroscope.
All maths required to use this kind of sensors are handled directly by the device. You can mount it in any position, as the reference frame can be configured and taken into account internally by the Yocto-3D. The device automatically computes tilt angles and the estimated device attitude (using a quaternion, with an optional conversion to Tait-Bryan angles in the API). No additional computation is required in the application to determine the device orientation.
You can move away the sensor part as required, in particular if you want to avoid electromagnetic interferences from other devices.
Caution: if you intend to use the compass function, you should not use the classical Yoctopuce enclosures, as they include steel screws and magnets. Instead, use the YoctoBox-3D-Black/Transp enclosures, whose screws and bolts are in aluminium and brass, and which do no include magnets.
- Manufacturer Product Number Y3DMK001
- Product name Yocto-3D
- Sensor LSM303D + L3GD20
- Width 20mm
- Length 51mm
- Weight 4g
- USB connector micro-B
- Gyroscopic attitude estimation 95Hz
- Static measures 7Hz
- Measure range (Accel.) 16g
- Measure range (Gyro) 2000°/s
- Measure range (Magn.) 2gauss
- Sensitivity 0.1°
- Sensitivity (Accel.) 0.001g
- Sensitivity (Gyro) 0.1°/s
- Sensitivity (Magn.) 0.001gauss
- Supported Operating Systems Windows, Linux (Intel + ARM), Mac OS X, Android
- Drivers no driver needed
- API / SDK / Libraries (USB+TCP) C++, Objective-C, C#, VB .NET, Delphi, Python, Java/Android
- RoHS yes
- Suggested enclosure YoctoBox-3D-Transp
- Made in Switzerland