The ACR88 PIN-pad reader is a versatile handheld portable smart card reader, featuring a built-in keypad, an LCD, a bi-color LED and a buzzer. Its capability for hosting non-volatile memory brings about better system support, whereas its onboard memory enables future firmware and application enhancements that guarantee against obsolescence.
ACR88 is a line of secure pocket-sized electronic devices designed primarily for multi-applications. It is capable of performing secure authentication, displaying rich information from the card, and conducting online or offline transaction.
Furthermore, ACR88 is programmable through the ACR88 ScriptBuilder. With it, users can build their own standalone applications by following user-friendly and well-defined script commands provided by ACS. There is no more need to program the device in lower level languages or to deal with complicated hardware platform development. With ACR88 PIN pad reader, one can optimally realize the realm of possibilities that an application has in store!
- Dual operation modes:
- PC-linked: powered through USB
- Standalone: powered through 3x AAA batteries
- Accepts 3 V and 5V cards: two full-size cards and 3 SAM cards
- Supports PPS (Protocol and Parameters Selection) up to 115,200 bps in reading and writing smart cards
- Ergonomic and highly durable keypad
- Easy-to-read, graphical LCD with backlight
- Monotone buzzer with software controlled ON/OFF
- 3 bi-color LEDs
- Real-time clock (RTC) with independent backup battery
- Field upgradeable for firmware (requires a firmware upgrade cable)
- User Programmable for standalone program by using easy-to-use script commands
- Supports Secure PIN Entry (SPE)
- Tamper detection switch which acts as an indicator if there is any unauthorized intrusion
- Hand-held size and weight
- (Optional) Additional non-volatile memory for multilingual font storage
- Customer Loyalty
- Health care project - medical identification
- Online-payment device
- Time and attendance
|Dimensions||175mm (L) x 76mm (W) x 31mm (H)|
|Interface||USB full speed|
PC-linked mode: automatically switch to USB bus power, always ON.
Standalone mode: automatically switch to 3 x AAA-size battery power, soft ON/OFF switch
|Power Consumption||Less than 100mA (excluding card power) in standalone mode|
|Backup Battery||Independent backup battery (1 x CR2032) for RTC|
|Supply Voltage||Regulated 5V DC|
|Supply Current||< 60mA (without backlight and smart card)|
|CLK Frequency||3.58 MHz|
|Operating System Support|