<(send large amounts of text followed by three ctrl+z characters)
That's really it! OpenLog firmware is open source and is based on Bill Greiman's sdfatlib. OpenLog currently supports FAT16 and FAT32 microSD cards (we've tested up to 16GB!).
All the design files (schematic, PCB layout, firmware) are open source released under the CC-SA v3 license and are available through GitHub.
Note: New firmware is available which allows the OpenLog to be used in Arduino 1.0 and also allows for higher baud rates. Check the links below for more information.
- Log to low-cost microSD FAT16/32 cards up to 16GB
- Simple command interface
- Edit config.txt file from a computer to change baud rate and other system settings
- Three modes:
- NewLog creates a new log every power up and immediately starts logging
- SeqLog appends a file called "SeqLog.txt" at every power up and immediately starts logging
- Command mode starts OpenLog at a command prompt at power up
- Configurable baud rates (2400 to 115200bps)
- Configure unit through config file or the menu system
- Power, ground, and RX-I are the minimum connections
- Reprogrammable ATmega328 using the Arduino IDE
- Two LEDs indicate writing status
- Input voltage from 3.3V to 12V
- 2mA idle, 6mA at maximum recording rate
- Dimensions: 0.16 x 0.6 x 0.75" (4 x 15 x 19mm)