The 33887 is a monolithic H-Bridge Power IC with a load current feedback feature making it ideal for closed-loop DC motor control.The IC incorporates internal control logic, charge pump, gate drive, and low RDS(ON) MOSFET output circuitry. The 33887 is able to control inductive loads with continuous DC load currents up to 5.0 A, and with peak current active limiting between 5.2 A and 7.8 A. Output loads can be pulse width modulated (PWM-ed) at frequencies up to 10 kHz. The load current feedback feature provides a proportional (1/ 375th of the load current) constant-current output suitable for monitoring by a microcontroller’s A/D input. This feature facilitates the design of closed-loop torque/speed control as well as open load detection.
A Fault Status output pin reports undervoltage, short circuit, and overtemperature conditions. Two independent inputs provide polarity control of two half-bridge totem-pole outputs. Two disable inputs
force the H-Bridge outputs to tri-state (exhibit high-impedance).
The 33887 is parametrically specified over a temperature range of -40°C ≤ TA ≤ 125°C and a voltage range of 5.0 V ≤ V+ ≤ 28 V. Operation with voltages up to 40 V with derating of the specifications.
- Fully specified operation 5.0 V to 28 V
- Limited operation with reduced performance up to 40 V
- 120 mΩ RDS(ON) Typical H-Bridge MOSFETs
- TTL/CMOS Compatible Inputs
- PWM Frequencies up to 10 kHz
- Active Current Limiting (Regulation)
- Fault Status Reporting
- Sleep Mode with Current Draw ≤50 μA (Inputs Floating or Set to Match Default Logic States)