Based on the feedbacks of LinkSprite narrow band powerline communication modem, broadband modems are consisted of a PLC-UART motherboard, UART-RS232 daughter board, UART-RS485 daughterboard, UART-USB daughter board, UART-Zigbee daughter board and UART-Ethernet daughter board.
On the PLC-UART motherboard, there is a 20-pin 2mm spacing receptacle, users can choose different daughter boards based on the interface needs. This 20-pin receptacle is also pin-compatible with Xbee
module from Digi
The PLC-UART motherboard also support DIP by optional pins that can be used to directly plug to user’s board without doing screwing. The interface board signals such as RS232/RS485/USB signals are also routed back to motherboard through the 20-pin receptacle, and again to users’ board through these DIP pins.
Powerline communication transceiver modules from LinkSprite (LinkSprite modules) are transceiver modules designed to send/receiver serial data over the powerline network. PLC-UART is designed to transparently move serial data over the powerline network, and achieves the target of replacing cables by the ubiquitous powerline network.
• AC and DC powerline Communications
• Fully transparent mode, plug and play coming out of the box without the need to do any programming.
• Homeplug 1.0
• 5Mbps throughput on the power line
• Built-in error correction codes.
• AT commands used for advanced configuration.
• 3.3V TTL UART, Optional RS232, RS485. USB, Ethernet, Zigbee interfaces
• Industry manufacture and control
• Safeguard, fire alarm, smoke alarm
• Collect and transmit instrument data
• Safeguard and monitor
• Home automation
• Solar/Wind electricity generation system
• Low latency servo control
- Product name High Speed PLC-UART Transceiver Module (Homeplug serial adapter)
- Interface 3.3V TTL UART
- Optional interface cards: RS232 (model/ordering no: UART-RS232) / RS485 (model/ordering no: UART-RS485) / USB (model/ordering no: UART-USB) / Ethernet (model/ordering no: UART-Ethernet) / Zigbee
- Communication Line Voltage 230VAC/50Hz /110VAC/60Hz /0-400V DC
- Supply Voltages 5V, 2A DC
- Modulation OFDM (Homeplug 1.0 Compatible)
- Error Correction FEC（Forward Error Correction）
- Data rate on Powerline 5Mbps (throughput)
- Maximum packet data length 200bytes
- Transmission distance 300 feets（no repeater）
- Support nodes number 65535
- LED Power Line Activity LED system LED serial port LED