Cookie board is an open-source Arduino™ form-factor compatible 32-bit ARM prototyping platform based on ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers. Offered along with a free ARM development environment from CooCox (Windows only), it helps you to enter into Embedded Development and makes it simple to add sensing and control to a huge range of projects, whether you are an engineer, designer, artist or hobbyist.
Cookie board expands the concepts of 8-bit Arduino™ into 32-bit ARM Cortex MCUs. The Cookie NuMicro edition is based on the Nuvoton Cortex M0 microcontroller M0516LBN. The M0516LBN with Cortex-M0 core can run up to 50MHZ, with 64KB Flash for program memory; 4KB Flash for data memory, 4KB SRAM, 2 UARTs, 2 SPIs, and 1 I2C. The Cookie NuMicro edition is fully compatible with the Arduino™ form-factor, with 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a power jack, an ICSP header; it contains everything needed to support the microcontroller. There is also an onboard CoLinkEx for debugging purposes.
Cookie board comes with CooCox development environment - a free & open ARM development tool environment (Windows Only). CooCox provides a complete tool kit including IDE, Flash programs, Graphical pin configuration, and code generation tool etc. The CooCox CoX Peripheral Interface, a unified peripheral interface, makes it easy to reuse Arduino-Shields across different Cookie boards based on different ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4 MCUs platforms.
- Key Applications: Industrial, Communications & Networking
- Fully compatible with Arduino™ form-factor
- Types of 32-bit ARM Cortex MCUs available (M0/M3/M4).
- Over 280 Arduino™ Shields can be reused
- Sys Clock ≥ 50MHz
- 64KB Flash for program memory
- 4KB Flash for data memory
- 4KB SRAM
- Working on both 3.3V and 5V, selectable with jumper.
- Onboard CoLinkEx for USB-JTAG/SW debugging.
- A set of Free ARM development tools provided by CooCox.
- Component platform makes it easy to share codes.
- Hardware CAD design files open under CC BY-SA 3.0 license in Eagle format.