Like the Model A, the Model A+ uses the BCM2835 application processor and has 256MB RAM, but it is significantly smaller (65mm in length, versus 86mm for the Model A), consumes less power, and inherits the many improvements that we made to the Model B+, including:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins. The Model A+ is compatible with the HAT standard for add-on boards.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
Raspberry Pi model A+ is the development of a model raspberry A. The added features in this module is 40 GPIO (IO function more than ever just 26), and a Micro SD card as storage medium OS, data, etc.
- Power supply: 5 VDC (via micro USB)
- Based microcontroller / microprocessor: ARM1176JZF-S core, 700 MHz
- The number of I / O ports: 40 pin GPIO
- Port interface: TTL UART, SPI, I2C, USB, 3.5 mm jack, LCD Panels via DSI, CSI (Camera Serial Interface), HDMI
- Bootloader: melalaui Linux-based OS
- Port programming: -
- Features: Memory 256 MB, 1 USB PORT, Graphics Broadcom VideoCore IV, SD Card Slot
- Dimensions: 65 mm x 56.5 mm