Wire-speed LAN-to-LAN connection
In campus and corporate environments, there is often a need to connect LANs that are located in separate buildings within a campus or in various locations across town, at distances that exceed the standard Ethernet limitation. The network is typically spread out over a number of locations at various distances from the main network. Since most campus facilities have copper infrastructures, these wires can be used for cost-effective wire-speed LAN interconnection of campus and corporate networks.
Modems with built-in routers and bridges
To relieve the burden of operation from the IT department, it is crucial for organizations to deploy simple, remotely configurable LAN extension devices. RAD modems that feature ChipBridge™ or ChipRouter®, innovative chips designed and developed by RAD, provide transparent Ethernet connectivity over any type of WAN infrastructure. The LRS-24™ modem shelf supports a wide variety of xDSL and fiber optic modems with different rates and ranges. Central SNMP management enables remote control of all devices. The modems are plug-and- play, requiring almost no configuration.
Varying ranges and multiple data rates
In the typical corporate configuration shown below, a municipal government wants all institutions, located at varying distances from City Hall, to share the same network. RAD's HTU-2™ HDSL modem and ASMi-50™ MSDSL modem, with built-in bridges or routers, achieve cost-effective LAN extension over different ranges and data rates up to 2.048 Mbps.
- LAN-to-LAN connection
- High speed data transfer HDSL
- High speed Internet connection
- Carriers' outsourcing departments
- the Corporate with multiple remote sites
- Military and government networks
- Built-in ChipBridge and ChipRouter
- Different xDSL modems in the same platform
- Supports long distances
- Combination of fiber and copper in the same platform
- Automatic learning and aging of MAC addresses
- Plug-and-play Ethernet interface
- HTU-2 in 4 wires,n x 64 kbps up to 2,048 kbps can reach Up to 4.8 km (3 miles) or 9.6 km
- Cost-effective solution – no need for external routers Wire-speed connections
- Most cost-effective support of different ranges and rates
- Increases customer coverage at low cost
- Significant space savings and lower maintenance expenses
- One management system for easy end-to-end management
- Adapts to remote site topology
- Simple installation and configuration
HTU-2 trademarks of RAD Data Communications Ltd.© 2009 RAD Data Communications. All rights reserved.