This is one of the best dedicated servo controllers available and allows you to control up to 32 servo channels with 1uS resolution as well as access to 8 analog I/O. The SSC-32U includes bidirectional communication with query commands, synchronized, or "group" moves, a built-in 12 Servo Hexapod Gait Sequencer, improved power circuit and much more!
The SSC-32 Servo Controller board can be easily controlled with the free SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility. It is available as a free downloadable utility which makes it easy to experiment with robotics and animatronics.
- Firmware = 2.50USB
- Microcontroller = Atmel ATMEGA328P
- External EEPROM = 512 bit
- Internal Sequencer = 12 Servo Hexapod (Alternating Tripod)
- Serial input: USB, 3.3V Xbee, TTL UART, N81
- Baud speeds = 9600, 38.4k, and 115.2k select via button; (others via register configuration)
- RC PWM Outputs = 32 (Servo or TTL)
- Inputs = 8 analog I/O (10bit resolution, 6 Static or latching digital))
- PC interface = USB mini B (USB cable included)
- Microcontroller interface = 0.1" Headers
- Servo control = Up to 32 servos plug in directly
- Servo type supported = Futaba, Hitec and general 0.1" spaced 3-pin R/C
- Servo travel range = 0.5ms to 2.5ms (most RC servos travel 180°)
- Servo resolution = 1uS (~0.09° for 180 degree servos, if servo permits)
- Servo speed resolution = 1uS / Second
- Servo motion control = Immediate, Timed, Speed or Synchronized.
- PC board size = 3.0" x 2.3" (mounting holes set 0.15" from each edge)
- Logic power: Auto select between VS1 and VL
- VS peak current = max 15 amps per side
- VS steady current = max 3-5 amps per side recommended