Hexy the Hexapod is a fully articulated hexapod robot kit that gives you a platform to explore advanced robotics, kinematics, and programming.Â Hexy has six legs, 19 servo motors and is powered by Arduino, while maintaining a price 4-10x less expensive than current hexapod robots. Â Great for students 15+ and up exploring advanced robotics and kinematics andÂ DIY enthusiasts looking for an open-source platform.
Hexy makes complex robotics less costly, easier to learn with the tutorials and documentation, while being radically more fun (and cute!). At the same time its built with completely open source hardware and software, making discovery andÂ extensionÂ as easy as building it in the first place.
• Program moves as a text file. Easy commands like rotate right 40 deg
• Easy to assemble - Full step-by-step video tutorials and picture/text tutorials, geared towards the high school level and above
• Completely Arduino-compatible, the Servotor32 controller uses the same chip as the Arduino Leonardo
• Comes with demo moves pre-available. Have it dance immediately once built
• Completely open source. Code, Laser cutter DXF/STL/SLDWRKS files, electronics board files, everything. Go nuts
• Literally everything needed to build the kit, even the screwdriver.
• Ultrasonic distance sensor eyes
• Acrylic laser-cut pieces in your choice of six colors, with extra pieces
• 20 Servos (18 for legs, 1 for eyes, 1 extra)
• Full arduino based Servotor32 robot controller capable of controlling up to 32 Servos
• All the screws and nuts you need to assemble the kit, with extras
• Bluetooth module that plugs straight into the Servotor32 robot controller