The Basys2 board is a circuit design and implementation platform that anyone can use to gain experience building real digital circuits. Built around a Xilinx Spartan-3E Field Programmable Gate Array and a Atmel AT90USB2 USB controller, the Basys2 board provides complete, ready-to-use hardware suitable for hosting circuits ranging from basic logic devices to complex controllers. A large collection of on-board I/O devices and all required FPGA support circuits are included, so countless designs can be created without the need for any other components.
Four standard expansion connectors allow designs to grow beyond the Basys2 board using breadboards, user-designed circuit boards, or Pmods (Pmods are inexpensive analog and digital I/O modules that offer A/D & D/A conversion, motor drivers, sensor inputs, and many other features). Signals on the 6-pin connectors are protected against ESD damage and short-circuits, ensuring a long operating life in any environment. The Basys2 board works seamlessly with all versions of the Xilinx ISE tools, including the free WebPack. It ships with a USB cable that provides power and a programming interface, so no other power supplies or programming cables are required.
- IC Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA, 250K gates
- Connectors USB port, Four 6-pin Pmod connectors, VGA, PS/2
- Programming JTAG programming via on-board USB2 port using the free Adept Software (version 2.0 or later)
- Xilinx Spartan 3-E FPGA, 100K or 250K gate
- FPGA features 18-bit multipliers, 72Kbits of fast dual-port block RAM, and 500MHz+ operation
- USB 2 full-speed port for FPGA configuration and data transfers (using Adept 2.0 software available as a free download)
- XCF02 Platform Flash ROM that stores FPGA configurations indefinitely
- User-settable oscillator frequency (25, 50, and 100 MHz), plus socket for a second oscillator
- Three on-board voltage regulators (1.2V, 2.5V, and 3.3V) that allow use of 3.5V-5.5V external supplies
- 8 LEDs, 4-digit seven-segment display, four pushbuttons, 8 slide switches, PS/2 port, and a 8-bit VGA port
- Four 6-pin headers for user I/Os, and attaching Digilent PMOD accessory circuit boards
- Requires Adept 2.0 or later for operation