The ACR122U NFC Reader is ideal for both secure personal identity verification and online micro-payment transactions. Other applications of the ACR122U include access control, e-payment, e-ticketing for events and mass transit, toll road fare collection and network authentication.
The ACR122U NFC Reader is a PC-linked contactless smart card reader/writer developed based on the 13.56 MHz Contactless (RFID) Technology. Compliant with the ISO/IEC18092 standard for Near Field Communication (NFC), it supports not only Mifare® and ISO 14443 A and B cards but also NFC and FeliCa contactless technologies.
ACR122U is compliant with both CCID and PC/SC. Thus, it is a plug-and-play USB device allowing interoperability with different devices and applications. With an access speed of up to 424 kbps and a full USB speed of up to 12 Mbps, ACR122U can also read and write more quickly and efficiently. The proximity operating distance of ACR122U is up to 5 cm, depending on the type of contactless tag in use.
In order to increase the security level, ACR122U can be integrated with an ISO 7816-3 SAM slot. Furthermore, the ACR122U NFC Reader is available in module form, permitting easy integration into bigger machines, such as POS terminals, physical access systems and vending machines.
- Read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Type A and B, Mifare, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Supports new Mifare Ultralight C (via pseudo APDUs) and Mifare Plus SL1 (4 Byte UID, via pseudo APDUS) and SL3
- Supports all 3 modes of NFC: reader, card emulation and peer-to-peer modes
- Built-in anti-collision feature (at least 1 card is detected when multiple cards are presented)
- USB PnP
- User-controllable bi-color LED
- User-controllable buzzer (optional)
- SAM socket (optional)
- Network access control
- NFC mobile tag
- Public transportation terminals
- Automatic fare collection
- Physical access control
- Customer loyalty
- Time and attendance
- Contactless public phones
- Vending machines
|Dimensions||98 mm (L) x 65 mm (W) x 12.8 mm (H)|
|Interface||USB Full Speed|
|Operating Distance||<= 50mm (depends on tag type)|
|Supply Voltage||Regulated 5V DC|
|Supply Current||200mA (operating); 50mA (standby); 100mA (normal)|
|Operating Frequency||13.56 MHz|
|Smart Card Interface Support|| |
|Operating System Support|